Wednesday, October 15, 2008

greatness

what is greatness? what does it mean to be great at something? it is the state, condition, or quality of being great. so what does that mean? what does it mean to be in the state, condition, or quality of greatness. i have thought a lot this week of what it mean to be great. and how i could reach greatness. as i live my life i try to be good at what ever i do. i try to be a great friend, brother, son, and so on. but to achieve what the world defines as greatness is not what i would consider greatness to be. i have taken what i have done with my life and have realized that i have a long way to go to be great. to be what i want to be. to reach greatness. to be the man that could be the one that people look at as some what of a leader in whatever i do. i look around and i kinda compare myself to the people around me and i realize that i am different then most around me. i have a job that most people would not want in life but to me i love it. i once had a friend tell me that if you ever want to know what you want to do in life just think of what you find yourself doing at night when you have nothing to do. you know doing what makes you happy when no one else is around. i have always taken that to heart and that helped me realize what i wanted to do with my life. its funny to me when i hear people say that they dont want to go to work or that they are starting to hate the job that they have. i laugh because i love what i do. to me i do what i love and i love what i do. when the day comes when i say that i hate my job is when i need to take a look at my life and restart what i am doing. to achive greatness you cant be living your life the way that is wrong for you. find what makes you happy what is the one thing that you find yourself doing at 1 am when no one is around. that is when you find your so calles calling in life. that is when you find what you can be great at.

as i think about what i can do to reach the state of greatness i think about some of the examples that i have of men that to me in my eyes have reached the stage of greatness well not just men but people that i know. some of which dont even know that they have reached that stage in life but thwy are trying there very best to become the person that they know they want to be.

so i know i have a lot to learn in my young life and that i have a long way to go before oi reach the stage of greatness. and i know that one day i wil reach that stage and that i will become what i know is the very best that i can be. i hope that in someones eyes i will be what they wnat in life. that i will become what they want in a husband and father if thier children. only time will tell when i reach that stage. but until that day i promies to be the best that i can be. to be what ever you want me to be. who ever you are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you're great:) It's nice to see your blog, I just started mine a couple months ago! I haven't talked to you in a while, how's it going?